Blog 1

After reading the power point on the status of women worldwide:
a. The facts that were the most surprising to me were the amount of women who are illiterate. According to the PPT, two thirds of all the illiterate adults in the world are women. This surprised me because it is seems so high! I know that there have been a lot of advances among women's rights and I would have thought that reading would have been one of those things that have changed. Another fact that really surprised me was the percentage of women who account for new HIV cases. 
b. The accomplishment of women/improvements in the treatment of women that I most admire is women in politics Although there many not be many right now, the numbers are rising and this is a great thing for all women! This can have such a positive impact in the future of women's rights. 
c. Based on this information I think that women's health has definitely come a long way throughout the years. However, we still have a ways to go! We need to empower women and spread awareness of the importance of both health and education. 

Comments

  1. Hi Esmeralda,

    I connected with your post because I said the same thing about empowering women by spreading awareness! I think that change will start with educating more women so that they know what is available out there! I think that a lot of women feel helpless or unaware that their situation could be changed.
    I agree that we need more women in positions of power, so that they can influence the future of women's rights. I was surprised like you were at a lot of the statistics that we read, both in the power point and in the Global Trends Quiz. It makes me sad, really, to know that women around the world are suffering the way that they are. Great job on your post, and good luck with class!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment